How To Cook Kansas City Twice Baked Potatoes?
Kansas City Twice Baked Potatoes with this simple and tasty recipe. This side dish is perfect for any occasion and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. The potatoes are boiled, mashed, and then filled with a mouthwatering combination of cheese, bacon, and chives. Follow the steps below to make this dish in your own kitchen.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash the potatoes and pat them dry. Prick each potato several times with a fork.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch thick shell.
- Place the potato flesh in a bowl and mash it with the butter, sour cream, and salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the potato shells on a baking sheet. Divide the mashed potato mixture among the shells, filling each one equally.
- Top each potato with the cheese, bacon, and chives.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes or until they are heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Serve the potatoes warm as a side dish, appetizer, or snack.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chives on top of the potatoes before serving for an extra-special touch.
- These potatoes pair well with grilled meats or fish.
- Top 5 German Foods
In conclusion, Kansas City Twice Baked Potatoes are a delicious and easy-to-make side dish that will impress your family and friends. Try this recipe today and enjoy the mouthwatering flavors of cheese, bacon, and chives!
Baked Potatoes (Crock Pot) with Broccoli and Cheddar Sauce
Please note that cooking the potatoes in a crockpot is merely a suggestion, as you can also use an oven or microwave. Additionally, you can include other ingredients such as bacon, diced ham, green onions, or peas to complement the delicious broccoli and cheese sauce. Thank you for reading.
- 8 large russet potatoes
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 cup milk (1% milk used in this recipe)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Wash and scrub the 8 russet potatoes. Wrap each potato individually in foil and place them in a large crockpot. Cook them on high for 6-8 hours or until done.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the crockpot and set aside. Also, remove the large broccoli stems and chop the broccoli into small pieces.
- Place the chopped broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl with a lid. Pour 2 tablespoons of water over the top of the broccoli, cover, and cook in the microwave for about 5 minutes or until fork-tender.
- To make the cheese sauce, place the cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into a medium-sized saucepan. Whisk the dry ingredients together, and then pour in the milk. Heat the mixture over medium-high heat, whisking constantly until it boils. Remove from heat.
- Add the grated cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and butter to the saucepan. Stir until the cheese and butter have melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Cut open a potato and add a pat or two of butter, plus a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Mash the potato insides with a fork. Add some cooked broccoli and a generous helping of cheese sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!